Sunday, May 10, 2009

Back to Alaska

Was in Oregon last week (after Vancouver) and spent time at the Oregon Garden for a workshop on Green Infrastructure. The Garden is great, and it was fun to see all of the species of plants there that we can't use here. Kind of like a zoo... for plants... I guess that's the definition of something like an arboretum...

Also saw Frank Lloyd Wright's only building in Oregon... the Gordon House. Suffice it to say, it's quite inspiring to see good design...

Then I got to hang out with the Johnson famdamily. It was fun to see Victoria's softball game, Wilson's baseball game (and playing catch with him...), and Madeline getting all crafty with friendship bracelets (and taking photos). Suffice it to say both Tracie and I think we have neat nieces and nephews (Nicholas on my side included... Thomas the train-type picture below sent by Amanda).
Victoria up to bat...

Wilson warming up (getting ready to serve some killer pitches to unsuspecting small people)

Madeline with the good ole 'me taking picture of you' camera shot.

Michael perhaps glowing even more than Nicholas... "if only I had Thomas when I was a kid..."

It was great fun to see the Krauthoefer/Johnson clan briefly while I was touring through... including two stops at Burgerville!!! (Tracie gets jealous...)

It's nice to be back at home though... I like my Tracie.

2 comments:

TKr & PBr said...

I'm glad you like me.

Anonymous said...

We were all glad Peter came to visit and hope he didn't overoregonfamilyized. Great pictures you guys.