Tuesday, October 30, 2007

One Down, Sort Of



One 2 1/2 year old unfinished project complete. Aren't they beautiful? Some of you may not appreciate the color selection, but then you probably never cared for the colors I painted my house in Bethel either.


It feels great to finish something that I'd kind of given up hope on ever completing. I guess I need to thank Oona for getting me going again. After seeing her post on the slippers she was making, I dug mine out and got her to help me figure out where I'd left off on mine. I probably should have asked for a wee but more help though because it appears that over the course of 2 1/2 years, not only did I lose my place in the pattern, but I sort of forgot which style of slippers I was making....was it high cuff or low cuff?


Oh well, now I have one of each! Yep, I goofed on the second slipper and made a high cuff one, thinking that was what I had made before. But it wasn't. I knew this was an issue before I felted them. I knew it was an issue two rows into the orange cuff, when the slipper I was knitting had more rows of purple between the sole and the cuff....but I was lazy. I didn't rip it and fix. I figured felting was a forgiving process, perhaps with some stretching I could make one match the other....but it wasn't as forgiving as I'd hoped. And now there's no way to rip and fix.

Live and learn......at least they are done, sort of.

4 comments:

oona said...

Nice work!
Now you have a right and a left.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! Now where's my table runner?

Anonymous said...

Those slippers are very cute. I'll take a pair for Christmas.

forty&sporty said...

Funny, I had to look at it again...That pic was 10 yrs ago, she's trying hard to look that young again...............She's been doing really good with her working at school & going to the gym in between, she seems excited. Me too! Willy & I are hanging out in our room getting ready to watch cops. He's not feeling well, everyone else is doing karaoeke. Later