Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Hello

The sun is back...I am happy. It's been a busy winter. We installed a reclaimed white oak floor, re-insulated some walls, visited the Oregon family and the Canadian family, built and carved an ice sculpture (Peter did that, with hot chocolate, pizza and chisel support from Tracie), planned the kitchen remodel and started acquiring elements, changed jobs (Tracie), and more. Rather than bore with a catch-up, I thought I'd dive right in with where I'm at tonight.

Inspiring me-
Weaving.........Peter made me a beautiful bench (not pictured here though, how silly of me) and I've been using it. By golly I will finish that table runner in time for your birthday mom!



Cauliflower.....this has been the year of roasted cauliflower and I cannot get enough of it.



Planning the garden....Peter is journaling the arrival of green throughout the yard and I am fantasizing about the kale, chard, broccoli, carrots, dill, beets and more.



Rye bread and most things Danish....Peter's been making the bread and I've been eating it--delicious with last year's pickled beets and Dubliner cheese.




Bike....probably foremost on mind is how much I'm looking forward to my non-winter commute, hoping to switch vehicles on Monday (melt snow melt!).

3 comments:

oona said...

There you are! Great post.
I'd love to see how your weaving comes along.
Did you pickle the beets?
I think I'll start a spring journal too...

TKr & PBr said...

We did pickle the beets, they are super delicious. Peter has a recipe we'll get you. Pickled many carrots too, also quite tasty. I will try to be a better blogger from now on, just for you Oona!

oona said...

I see you changed to Gabanzo... such a funny word.
I think we had this beet conversation before.
This year I might actually be able to grow some beets - if I can get a garden in before June.

I'll try to be a better blogger too.